We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Also known as house maple, weed is a plant that flowers generously.
In summary, what you need to know:
Last name : Abutilon
Family : Malvaceae
Type : Shrub
Height : 3 m
Exposure : Sunny
Ground : Well drained
Foliage : Persistent -Flowering : April to October
Planting abutilon is an important step for your plant because it is what will condition the good recovery, growth and flowering of your abutilon.
Abutilon in soil:
Preferably in spring for growing outdoors although it is only possible in areas with a fairly warm climate.
Abutilon fears frost and drafts.
- Abutilon can only be planted outdoors in the Mediterranean and sheltered from the wind
- It is not resistant to temperatures below -5 °
- abutilon likes sunny situations but not the scorching sun
- He likes cool, well-drained soils
- Follow our advice planting shrubs.
Abutilon in pot
In our regions, Abutilon is very suitable for pot culture. In this case, use a potting soil such as "horticultural" or houseplant.
Abutilon is grown in a pot outdoors but brought in in winter because it is not very hardy.
> You will need to bring in your abutilons as soon as autumn appears
> Follow our advice for well repot a houseplant
> Note that the abutilon can be cultivated like the brugmansia
Pot culture is very well suited to this shrub, but it will be essential to bring it into a cool and airy place for the winter; this can only promote better flowering in spring.
- Its flowering is generous and lasts a good part of the year.
- Water in case of prolonged drought and as soon as the soil is dry for potted plants
- Add fertilizer from spring to fall to promote and prolong flowering
To stimulate the flowering and the growth of your velvetleaf, take advantage of late winter or early spring to do so, but without pruning more than 1/3 of the stems.
- Remove dead wood
- Remove fragile branches and those that grow inward
- Ventilate the inside of your velvetleaf to let in the light
We find some common parasites for this type of plant such asred spiders where the aphids.
To know about the abutilon
Abuliton is a very beautiful shrub native to Chile. It is one that brings a little exoticism and color to the garden.
There are about 120 species of abutilons, for some grasses, climbers and other shrubs. The flowers are very decorative and the foliage just as interesting.
Like the Hollyhock, the lavatèreor thehibiscus, abutilon is part of the large family of malvaceae.
Among the most cultivated varieties in our latitudes and the most interesting, we find:
- Abutilon megapotamicum, also called Belgian Flag or Belgian Extent: It is creeping or even climbing if it has a support for it. It is appreciated for its red-orange flowers and dark green foliage.
- Abutilon hybrid : It has a pretty shrubby shape and offers flowers of various colors ranging from white to red through purple, silvery pink or even yellow.
- Abutilon pictum : It is characterized by its variegated foliage of yellow color. Its flowers offer varied colors often around orange.
- Abutilon striatum or striated abutilon : It offers an abundant bloom of orange to red flowers from spring to fall
- Abutilon vitifolium : certainly one of the largest velvetleaf, it can reach 6 to 7 m in height. Its mauve bloom matches perfectly with its pretty light green foliage
Smart tip about abutilon
A mulch based on cocoa shells is perfect for the Abutilon who likes to keep the feet cool