We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
To change from traditional potato pancakes or vegetable patties, let yourself be tempted by these delicious quinoa pancakes with carrot and leek.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 200 g of quinoa
- 1 leek
- 2 carrots
- 2 eggs
- 30g butter
- 2 tbsp. grape seed oil
- coarse salt
Health : benefits and virtues of carrots and benefits and virtues of leek
Read also: health benefits and virtues of quinoa
Carrot and leek quinoa pancake
- Rinse the quinoa under cold water.
- Bring a pot of salted water in coarse salt to a boil, immerse the quinoa in it.
- Cook for 15 minutes. Drain then set aside.
- Remove the first, too firm leaves of the leek and its ends.
- Wash it and mince it finely.
- Peel, wash and cut the carrots into julienne.
In a pan,
- Melt the butter, place the carrots and leek in it.
- Cook 4 to 5 minutes.
- Let cool.
In a salad bowl,
- Combine the quinoa, the contents of the pan and the whole eggs.
- Mix well.
In small stoves,
- Heat the oil, place some of the contents of the salad bowl in it.
- Flatten with a spatula.
- Heat the pancakes for 3 minutes on the first side.
- Flip and cook for another 3 minutes.
To serve !
A thinly sliced chicken with paprika cream: the ideal accompaniment to this pancake. To do this, cut 4 chicken breasts into
strips, sauté in 30 g of butter for 4 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle with paprika, pour 10 cl of liquid cream. Reduce.
To shape these pancakes even better: place a stainless steel circle 6 centimeters in diameter in the pan, fill it with
quinoa, pack well. Bake 2 minutes on each side and finish cooking 5 minutes in an oven at 150 ° C (th.5).
Words from the kitchen
Slice: cut into thin slices.
Reduce : Evaporate a liquid to concentrate the flavor of a food by bringing it to a boil.
Jump: rapid cooking which allows to bring a beautiful color and to fix the taste by the contribution of a fatty substance.
Cut into fine julienne: Cut into regular slices 1 to 2 mm thick then layer and cut into filaments of a few centimeters = finely cut into sticks (eg julienned leek, julienned orange zest ...).
Recipe: T. Bryone, Photo: C. Herlédan